Summer Camp is fun and exciting, but there is a great deal of preparation to have a successful camp. All this work can’t be done alone, and tasks must be shared amongst the Scout Leadership and adult leaders. Below are the tasks and forms to help with organizing a fun, easy, and amazing Summer Camp!
- Camp Checklists (SUMMER CAMP and WINTER CAMP)
- CAMPERSHIPS: Must be submitted to Troop and Council by March 1.
- SPL, ASPL and Scout Master Review Camp Guide together
- CAMP FORMS–single spreadsheet with all the following forms
- Unit Roster: Names of all scouts and leaders, with phone numbers
- Special Needs Form: Any food, medical, and disability
- Merit Badge Schedules and Acronyms
- Financial Form: How much to have ready to pay council
- TRAILER INVENTORY / REPLENISH–ensure that troop will have everything they need for camp
- SWIM TEST–-Scouts attending should get classified before attending camp, this will save time at and allow some Scouts to work on improving by camp.
- Medical Binder (Updated Information)–Create a medical binder for ONLY those Scouts and adult leaders attending camp.
- Print Three (3) copies of Summer / Winter Camp Guide (https://www.pineburrscouts.org/)
- CAMP SCHEDULE–daily schedule to be shared with the troop. SPL needs to update schedule after every SPL and SM meeting (POSTED ON THE BOARD)
- TROOP DUTY ROSTER–all tasks that SPL requires troop patrols to accomplish daily (POSTED ON THE BOARD)
- Waiter Schedule (SUMMER CAMP and WINTER CAMP) (POSTED ON THE BOARD)
- DEATH MARCH–need to record who attends each one to determine if they earned the patch!
- POLAR PLUNGE–only earned at Winter Camp!
- The following must be posted on the campsite bulletin board
- Fire Guard Plan (aka Camp Site Evacuation Map)
- Camp Schedule
- Merit Badge Schedule
- Duty Roster
- Daily SPL Updates and Notices
- Honor Troop: Most important award in all of Camp! (2019 Guide Excerpt–get the latest information from Summer/Winter Camp Guide from https://www.pineburrscouts.org/)
- Activities and Competitions (Field Games, Mega Relay, Staff Hunt, etc.): 2019 Guide Excerpt–get the latest information from Summer/Winter Camp Guide from https://www.pineburrscouts.org/)
- Medication Logs–Each Scout’s parent must complete this log with an adult leader. Original bottles must be collected and put in a zip lock bag with Scout’s name on it.
- Bank of Troub–money can be turned in by Scout parents and kept in envelopes to allow for safe keeping for the Scouts throughout Camp.
- ADULT DUTY ROSTER–all the daily tasks adult leaders must perform
- CHECK-IN CHECKLIST–everything you need as you register with Camp Director
- Camp Inspection Checklist–Camp inspector will come by daily to ensure everything is up to code (2019 Guide Excerpt–get the latest information from Summer/Winter Camp Guide from https://www.pineburrscouts.org/)
- Scout Tent Inspection Checklist–conducted by an adult leader on all Scout tent sites, this will occur daily
- Scout Master Merit Badge: 2019 Guide Excerpt–get the latest information from Summer/Winter Camp Guide from https://www.pineburrscouts.org/)
End of Camp
- Empty out both trailers and hand out personal gear
- Clean water and Gatorade jugs
- Clean Troop Hut
- Reserve Sioux Camp Site for next year ($50 deposit)
- Return medicine to parents
- Open up Lost-and-Found to parents
- Return envelopes with unspent money
- Summer Camp Awards